The Art of Living by Making Art

Jewellery inspired by nature and made by hand.
How I make it, why I make it, the challenges I face and the successes that come my way.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Eating

As it is nearly lunchtime where I am, I just thought I'd share an observation with you. I have really noticed a difference to how my afternoon in the studio goes according to what I eat for lunch. It may seem obvious to some but I find that if I have a lunch with loads of protein in it my productivity goes way up. I am pretty sure this works for athletes but who knew it could work for artists too?

Anyway, I haven't eaten meat for the past twenty odd years, though I do eat all kinds of fish, and eggs, and dairy. So my usual lunch often consists of some variation of the cheese sandwich. I always thought that that was enough protein for me but now I think that not all proteins are created equal because when (and this may gross some delicate people out) I open a can of sardines and have sardines on toast for lunch I always have a really good productive afternoon at the work bench.

So that is what I am going to do now, and for your information I always buy Ramirez Portuguese sardines in olive oil with a hot chili pepper, they are very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment