The Art of Living by Making Art

Jewellery inspired by nature and made by hand.
How I make it, why I make it, the challenges I face and the successes that come my way.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Exhibition

I just had an email from the art school where I studied jewellery-making for three years - Kootenay School of the Arts in Nelson BC. They have invited me to take part in a faculty exhibition of work next year. I used to teach part-time in the jewellery dept several years ago before the school became part of the larger Selkirk College and they down-sized the course, needing fewer instructors. I have been there since as a Visiting Artist (giving a slide show) and recently have given some Continuing Ed classes, when enough people sign up, so it is nice of them to invite me into a faculty show.

I've spent this morning putting some info together for them along with three images, all needed right away. I keep copies of all the artist statements and bios I've written, as I can often use them over again, maybe with a small change here and there. Today I rewrote both in bullet style format for a change, I think it is easy to read that way and since they wanted the info quickly, it was quicker to write too.

The best thing is that the exhibition is not until spring 2011 and I will have time to produce new work for it, it is always so exciting to think ahead like this and imagine the amazing, incredible pieces I will produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment